Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: It's always the father that leaves....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_Lori_aNToiNeTTe's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A Missing Father


    A father to me
    was a figure in my life,
    one I counted on
    and still don't know why.

    The man that was supposed to be there
    and never Let me down.
    Well, here it is his day,
    and where is he now?

    Not interested in his child,
    not that its a big surprise,
    but thank you to my father
    the man I now despise.

    I often wonder how,
    anyone can get so low-
    how anyone could be like you
    I would really like to know.

    I feel no hate for the man
    I am forced to know.
    I will never be proud
    and my respect will never grow.

    I want to know why
    someone would make that choice:
    the ultimate one
    in which I had no voice.

    I want my father back
    the one I used ot know,
    the one that had determination
    who would always see me in rain or snow.

    He suddenly disappeared
    or should I say he drowned,
    he drowned in his sorrow
    and now he never comes around.

    He makes no effort at all
    to even acknowledge the fact,
    that he has to daughters
    who want their father back.

    You may not hear it from her
    and I won't waist my breath,
    but whether we like it or not
    your our father 'til our death.

    To put you down seems so harsh
    but yet every bit of it's true.
    What does your mirror reflect,
    does it show what I see of you?

    I lost my respect
    and I lost my hope,
    and with your decision
    I'm forced to COPE.

    So you live your life
    and I'll live mine,
    amd I never wanna hear,
    "Just give it time."

    Time can't heal this
    and neither can I,
    and through this
    I will no longer try.

    I want my father back
    but I know better than to wish,
    because he made his decision
    and I'm paying for it.

    I will never know the feeling
    of a DAD at my side,
    he made his decision,
    and by this he abides.

    A good-bye is not needed
    for no one will disappear,
    but whether he's around or not
    I no longer care.

    This is how I feel
    and its really kinda sad;
    "Anyone can be a father,
    but it takes someone special to be a DAD." By Lori Antoinette

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner parch's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2001
    Posts
    453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ok..i never responded to this before cause i didn't like it at all and i didn't want to be an ass but i guess i've been an ass anyway so hey... fuck it!
    i think this poem needs more actual development and maybe more before it was written. it seems to be a story of question and strong feelings that seem to only be felt when needed in rhyme. obviously i have no proof of that, but i wish these were explained in the poem. i want to see this poem improved.

    ___---parch


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •